Wednesday 1 May 2013

CTS Placement Papers - 13

Hi Everybody,
I'm sharing my interview experience of Cognizant and I will give a brief about aptitude test.
They gave a paper in which following questions were given.
i) Hobbies
ii) Strengths and weakness
iii) Long term and short term goal
iv) Expectation from Cognizant
v) Software orientation
vi) What are qualities requried for software professional and why do you think that you are qualified for software professional. List reasons

Do prepared for this questions and this question in important for interview a good answer of this important.
First they gave us paper of analytical section there were 30 questions time given was 30 minutes.
Analytical section:

* 30 questions.
* Time: 30 minutes.
* No negative marking.

i) 5 questions from data interpretation.
ii) 5 questions from Blood relation i.e family problem.
iii) Statement conclusion i.e statements will be given you have derive conclusion.
iv) 5 questions from coding & decoding.
R.S Aggarwal is more than enough for this section.
Then they took away question paper of analytical question paper.

Verbal section:
* 25 questions.
* Time: 25 minutes.
* No negative marking.

i) Two paragraphs ecah containing 5 question.
ii) Find correct sentence among 4 sentence
iii) Find incorrect sentence among 4 sentence
iv) 5 question from para jumble i.e 4 or 5 sentence will be given you have to assemble them and form a paragraph.

Interview:
Me: Good Afternoon.
Int: Good Afternoon.
Int: Ok, sit.
Int: What is your name?
Me: Told
Int: When did you pass class 10 and 12
Me: Told.
Int: Where do you live?
Me: Told.
Int: Why your class 10 percentage is low ( He asked me because my class 10 percentage was only 60%.
Me: I told I didn't get the right competitive environment
Int: Why do you want to join Cognizant?
Me: I told that I want to join any industry because until now I have only academic knowledge by joining industry I want to gain practical knowledge.
Int: Tell me your favorite subject in last year.
Me: Just told the names of subjects in my 7th semester and told I haven't read properly my last semester because of campusing.
Int: What did you read for campusing?
Me: Aptitude.
Int: Then he asked me to write logic of a C program which was swapping between two variable without using third variable.
Me: I done this properly
Int: Write the logic to reverse a string without using strrev
Me: Done but not properly but he was convinced
Int: Any question from your side
Me: I have 3 to 4 months time then which topic I should prepare
Int: He told me some topic like object oriented programming.
Me: How was my interview sir?
Int: Its ok but other things will also be taken into consideration like your semester marks your 10 & 12 marks and aptitude marks
Me: Ok thank you sir.
On 7th I was selected in Cognizant have fun Guys.
Just be cool and calm during interview.

Cognizant Technology Solutions arranged a campus recruitment program in our college (HIT, Haldia) on 27th December, 2010. Our reporting time was at 6.45 am. Around 650 students appeared in that recruitment process. But, only 316 students were able to qualify the first round i.e, Aptitude test. The question pattern of Cognizant is totally different from other companies. So, you should be well prepared to qualify. And there is no negative marking, so, attempt all questions.

In the answer sheet, there are some questions like follows.

1. Your software exposure.
2. Your hobbies and interests.
3. What do you expect from Cognizant?
4. What is your long term and short term plan?
5. Which skills one should have to be successful in software industry?
6. Which skills among them do you have?

Answer these questions properly, because these answers are very important even than your CV. This answer sheet will be forwarded to the interviewer and they can discuss about these answers with you while PI or personal Interview.

At 2.30 pm result of aptitude. Test published and thank god, my name was in the list. And the next round was PI (Technical+HR) at 7.30 pm, I went to the interview room from a waiting room (In that room we waited for interview).

Me: May I come in sir?


Sir: Oh, Mr. Kallol, can you give me 5 minutes more, please?






Me: Yes, of course. (I was very nervous)
[Sir was giving marks to the previous candidate] After 5 minutes,
Sir: Ok, come in. [ I came inside]






Sir: Mr. Kallol. Baithiye Sir. [Sit down]


Me: Thank you, Sir. [Now, he started reading my answer sheet in front of me and with a smiling face]


Sir: Why your score in graduation is so poor?
[ I scored 84% in Madhyamik, 74% in HS, 59% in B.Sc. and 80.02 in MCA]
I told the reason but, he was not satisfied.
Sir: So, you know Hypertext Preprocessor [PHP]?
Me: Yes sir, actually I have done my minor project in PHP and MySQL.
[I brought my Project report with me, because I was very much confident with my project and I wanted the interviewer to ask me from that project]
Sir: What are you doing in major project?
Me: I haven't decided till now.
Sir: And, what about minor project?
[I was waiting for this moment]
Me: I have built an "Internal mail Server" using PHP and MySQL.
Sir: Ok, Draw and discuss about your project. Why you have used PHP, which protocol you have used, which ports you have used, etc.
[He gave me a pen and paper]

I discussed about every detail of the whole project. And after that I told that I have bought my project report. And he wanted to see it. And I had to explain again while showing the snapshots of my project. And we discussed about jsp and php. He asked some codes of PHP. Some basic queries from SQL.
Sir: Have you remembered C [with a smiling face]?
[I surprised because of this question, How can a MCA student forget C?]
Me: How can I forget it sir? It is the first programming language I have learned.
Sir: So, You have learned C first? I have learned PASCAL, COBOL, FORTRAN first [ In a chatty mood ]. I have done my MCA from NIT, Rourkela. My all india rank was 8. Ok, Kallol say something about you, your family. [I told my name, address, father's name, occupation, my strength, weakness, why they should take me ]
Sir: Thank you, Mr. Kallol, you may go now. Thanks for giving your time. Wish you a happy new year.
[After hand-shake]
Me: Sir, I have some questions, if you don't mind.
Sir: Ok, carry on.
Me: Sir, How was my interview?
Sir: Good, good.
Me: Which degree you prefer the most, B.Tech, MCA or M,Tech?
Sir: Quality matters, if we get a B.Sc student with that quality we will take him.
Me: What we have to do after being selected in cognizant? If we can of-course.
Sir: A continuous training will be provided to you, and after that an exam will be taken. If you can not qualify you will be thrown out. Not only you, everyone have to qualify that test.
Me: Whats the current project going on in Kolkata?
Sir: [Smiling] At this moment 6000 project are going on. Which one among them, I will tell?
Me: Sir, my last question, which technology is used the most in Cognizant?
Sir: Almost everything. Which will bring money, we will do that.
Me: Ok Sir. Thank you.
[ After wishing happy new year and shaking hands again I came out]

My interview was going on for 1 hour. But, I was so much tensed that I thought, it was perhaps for 20-25 mins. After 9 days, on 6th January, 2011 the final result published. 209 students were selected. And My name was in the list again. And, believe me friends, getting a job in your dream company is an wonderful feeling.

So, don't be tensed, just go and crack the interview. And remember some points.
Don't cay CTS in the interview..Just say cognizant.
Always keep a smile on your face.
Always tell the truth.
Be conscious about your spoken English.
Don't try to be over-smart.


Best of luck guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment